CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Catching up

I want to warn you now, this is going to be a very long post. I have slacked off for the last two months, so here you go! Below is the mountian man who came home from the Grand Canyon. I always thought he could only grow an invisibeard, but, low and behold, he can grow a real beard!

A fun evening hike near our house. Andy has gotten pretty good at sleeping in the backpack. (He has been on quite a few hikes this summer).


Andy's new favorite thing is to sit in the rocker and play with toys. We can lock the rocker so it is tilted back, and that is just enough to keep him upright to play. He is still working on sitting alone, so this is perfect for now.


Daddy and Andy enjoying the hammock.


Check out those cheeks!


We went to my parent's house for the 4th of July. The first night there we had a Hawaiian themed dinner. Here is cute little Morgann.
My sister Liz, also very cute!



While in Blanding, we hiked butler wash. Here is a lizard Charles found.


Andy is really starting to love this backpack. We took him out to feed him and he got fussy. We put him back in the backpack and he was perfectly content.

Andy and Daddy at the parade. It was pretty hot, and there was very little shade, so Charles and Andy hung out in the small patch of shade the stop sign created.


Charles downloaded this program called baby smash. It makes it so Andy can hit the keyboard and not mess anything up. He LOVES it! When he hits the keys, letters, numbers and shapes come up accompanied by differnet giggles and laughs. It keeps his attention for 5-10 minutes, which is pretty good for a 5 month old.


Yes, another hike. This time we hiked up Waterfall canyon with our friends Cally and Ashley.



The perfect handle when on daddy's shoulders.


We went to the Drum Corp performance with some of our friends. Andy was a happy little boy the whole time. For those of you who don't know what a drum corp is, its kind of like a marching band with the color gaurd dancers, except there are only brass instruments (no flutes, clarinets etc) and there is an awesome drum line. One of our friends used to play on the drum line of one of the drum corp teams, so it was fun to go with him and get the inside scoop on all of the groups performing.
The music is very loud, so we brought these safety earmuffs for Andy. When we put them on him I couldn't stop laughing. He looked so cute/ridiculous! The loud sounds didn't seem to bother him, I think the earmuffs were for me ( I didn't want to be the reason he lost his hearing) Andy seemed to be fine wearing them. He never tried to take them off. He just sat quietly on Charles lap and watched the show. What a cutie!

The Blue Devil's performance. It was awesome, my favorite by far.

9 comments:

Amber said...

i can't believe how grown up andy is looking (you know in a baby sort of way)! what a darling boy!

we love baby smash. it is the best idea ever.

looks like you guys have been busy having some fun!

Cason Clan said...

Have I told you how in love with Andy I am? Well I am, I love the pics with those head phones on! So So cute. Yes you have been a little blog lazy, but hey we all get that way. Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun!

Knutson Family said...

Rock on, guys! Always good to see what you're up to. Looks like you have too much fun all of the time. I'm jealous.

Matt and Lindsay said...

oh my goodness I can not believe how cute he is. Ashley told me he was way cute, but he is seriously one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen!!! Well done Francis family!!!

Becca Summerhays said...

Ok so I know it's been way too long since I have seen you guys when I can't even recognize my own nephew!! Andy is getting so big. I can't believe how cute he is! We really need to get together. Hopefully the trip to Cali will work out for us all to go! oh and it looks like you guys are getting good use out of that backpack! I'm so glad!! Love you guys!!!

Becca Summerhays said...

oh I forgot to tell you...Charles should keep the beard growing to a minimum....not the best look. He seriously looks kind of scary. I wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley!! =P

michellemcpherson said...

Fun pictures Heather!! I'm afraid I'm a lazy blogger too, the band performance looks sweet and you're so lucky to have some good hiking trails nearby

Sarah Hoffman said...

Heather!! ANDY IS SOOOO CUTE!! It seems wierd that we were in school together (with ANDY :0) ) and now look he is here!!

Christy said...

Oh he is a keeper for sure. What a little cutie he is! It was way fun to see you the other day! We definately need to keep in touch :)