CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lava Hot springs

Last weekend we went to Lava hot springs Idaho for our ward campout. We had tons of fun. On Friday we hung out and had a fireside/lip sync followed by glow in the dark ultimate frisbee. On Saturday morning we packed up and headed to the pool. This was Andy's first campout, and he did great. He doesn't sleep with us in our bed at home, so sleeping with us in the tent was a fun treat. Charles laid on one side of Andy and I laid on the other. Andy kept looking over at Charles and then at me and back to charles. He kept this up for about 5 minutes. I think he was wondering what we were doing laying with him and kept checking to see if we were still there. Andy is in the stage where everything must go in his mouth. I was unpacking in the tent and looked over to find him chewing on his bag. Once I moved that he moved on to the sleeping bags.


Andy loved my friend Megan during this trip. He loved sitting on her lap during the fireside. At the pool Megan and Scott played with Andy while we waited in line for one of the slides. He had so much fun with them.


When Andy first got in the pool he cried a little, but once he got used to it he had fun. He loved to dip his hand in the water and then suck on it. I was kind of grossed out- probably not very sanitary-but he hasn't died yet, so I guess it was ok.

These two waterslides went over the road. We got going pretty fast on one of them, it was tons of fun!
The pool had 3 diving platforms. The top one was 32 feet high. I am a chicken and didn't jump, but Charles did. It seemed pretty dangerous though. While we were there one guy dislocated his shoulder and another guy was knocked unconscious. We had our towels set up under a tree near the diving boards. It was the perfect spot. I could watch everyone do cool tricks and enjoy some shade with Andy. It was a great trip!

9 comments:

Amber said...

looks like so much fun! andy is so cute.

and tell Chuck he has a very nice farmer's tan!

Matt and Lindsay said...

looks like a lot of fun!!! i think someone must get hurt there every day. we go every year and someone is always pulled out of the water after diving from a platform. uptum

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Andy is darling! What a trooper to go camping, and so stylishly!!

Knutson Family said...

Got any video of Chuck jumping off that platform?

michellemcpherson said...

What a fun weekend, i'm so glad you guys got to have a relaxing weekend away in the water! I've always wondered what it's like up there, looks so fun, I need to call you Heather!

candice said...

Heather! So I saw your blog on someone else's and I was excited to see you! Your little boy is darling. Congrats. I love the mustache de mayo. Mike would have died if he saw it. Glad you guys are doing good!

Elise said...

Heather he is getting so big!!! I cannot believe how cute he is. I am glad to see that you guys are doing so well.

The McPherson's said...

Sounds like tons of fun! I love the picture of Andy chewing on his bag, he is such a cutie pie:) He looks so much bigger since the last time I saw him. What a cute little family you have!

Blake and Desteny Bingham said...

heather how are you! You have a way cute family! hope to talk with you soon!
Desteny