CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

ARRRRR, Shiver me timbers

This year Charles and I dressed up as pirates and we all know every good pirate has a parrot! Charles ended up being the creative genius behind our costumes. He even sewed Andy's costume, which consisted of a couple boa's on some red pajamas, a lightning McQueen hat and mesh from a trucker hat. Charles never ceases to amaze me with his creative talents. What a stud!




Here is what Andy looked like from the back. I think his little tail is so cute! He actually did very well being dressed up. I thought he would try to pull the feathers off or eat them, but he didn't seem to mind them.

Our ward had a stomp on Friday night. Charles made the poster for it. Yet again, he busted out some sweet skills. He came up with the design and then used a lazer to cut it out of cardboard. The pumpkin eyes, nose and mouth are cut out along with the information on the poster. It was hard to get a good picture of it, but belive me, it looked really cool.
I am proud to say, I helped Charles with brainstorming for this poster and the way stomp is written was my idea! Of course it came after I threw out about a thousand ridiculous ones, but hey, it turned out awesome.

Here are a bunch of our friends who were at the dance. I was amazed with their creativity. It was such a fun night. Mugatu and katinka won the costume contest.
If you cant tell, this girl is a germ and her husband is wearing scrubs and has a huge syringe.

Storm and wolverine

Pregnant girl with some huge utters.

Kiss even came to the stomp

These guys are our good buddies. Scott was a helicopter with lights and all and Megan was the color black.


Whats a party without smurfs?

These guys were so funny. They played their part the whole night. They would even dance like an old couple. It was so funny to watch them get down on the dance floor with their walkers and old people dance moves.

6 comments:

Casseron said...

I can't believe Chuck made Andy's parrot costume!! I am impressed!!

Knutson Family said...

Okay, holy crap. You guys are awesome. Chuck, you should consider doing Halloween costumes for pay! I miss you guys. Hope you're coming down south for Thanksgiving.

michellemcpherson said...

Wow, I am so impressed with your costume making skills, Andy is so stinkin cute, Charles you did great on his costume, I was loving the zoolander getups, looks like the stomp was so much fun, it's cool everybody got so into it.

Ben and Michelle said...

I want to kiss Andy's cute little parrot cheeks!! I love all of your get ups. Heather your family pic is hilarious how you have the sword in your mouth!! I can't believe how fun your ward is.....I am totally impressed that people got into it!

Rebecca said...

AWESOME Costumes!!! I wish our ward had a stomp! If they do it again next year, can Bart & I come? :oD

Lisa said...

you guys are so creative!!! Looks like a ton of fun. What a fun ward!!!