CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Moab Turkey Trot

This past weekend we headed to Moab to see the musical Maralee was putting on and to participate in the Annual Turkey Trot. The musical was great. It was so funny and well done. Sarah had a part, in which she did a great job. As always, Maralee directed a great performance.

The 5k "trot" was Saturday morning. Maralee, Geneava and I walked with Andy in the stroller. I had a great time hearing all of the mushy details of Geneava's love life. The 3 of us weren't there to win any prizes, so we just had a good time chatting and walking. Charles, Sarah and Jacob ran. This run is so much fun because it is just locals. There was about 150 people. (compared with 3000 for the half marathon). Some people come dressed up, as you can see Pooh bear was ready to run, beard and all. There were also some women wearing tutu's and one lady had an awesome turkey hat. I love it because it is all just for fun, super laid back.

What do you know...... I won a prize! I got a turkey for the mom and tot stroller division. Charles took first in his age group so he got a candy bar. Jacob also took first in his age group, he got a turkey. ( I don't understand why Charles only got a candy bar, but thats ok, we couldn't take 2 turkeys home anyway). Now that you are thinking I am awesome, I have to let you in on a secret....... I was the only one there with a stroller, so by default I won the Turkey. But hey, winning is winning right???
Andy loves his aunt Geneava.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun you won a turkey! Man it sounds like the Francis family basically dominated the competition...tell Charles way to go! Once again you have a cute family

Rebecca said...

Fun Fun! Are you guys planning on doing the half marathon....I really want to, but I'm trying to figure out how to train in the winter with two little ones and a husband who is gone until like 7:00 every night.

michellemcpherson said...

Glad you guys had such a fun weekend, looks like a lot of fun, pooh bear is sweet! Hope you had a great turkey day, looking forward to seeing you this weekend.